Monday, July 30, 2007

More Nonsense on the West Coast

On one hand California is paying for prisoners to fornicate while still in prison and on the other we are charging 7th graders with felony sexual assault for swatting another 7th grader on the rear. I think the US has some issues with sex that I don't understand myself.

Mashburn and Cornelison were recently charged with five counts of felony sexual abuse, and District Attorney Bradley Berry has pledged to have them registered for life as sex offenders.

Oh, by the way, the defendants are in the seventh grade.

Messrs Mashburn and Cornelison are pupils at Patton Middle School. They were arrested in February after being observed in the vestibule, swatting girls on the butt. Butt-swatting had apparently become a form of greeting at the school – like "a handshake we do," as one female student put it.
I hope someone steps up and pays their parents' legal bills. And I hope the District Attorney has her license revoked.

No comments: