Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Who Really Cares?

After being absent for the first three weeks of "Dancing With the Stars 5," co-host Samantha Harris is returning from maternity leave Monday night. Her absence has been both a welcome respite and an unbearable void because she is at once the most unpredictably entertaining part of the ABC reality competition series — and the worst.
Who watches this nonsense? Dancing with the Stars? Joe Millionaire, the Greatest Loser, Survivor, the Bachelor and all the other junk on TV. I heard about some Bachelor take off airing in England where the bachelor is bi-sexual and gets to choose between men and women.

I can't think of anything I'd rather do less then sit in front of the TV and watch any one of these shows. I watched about 30 minutes of a Bachelor show one time when I was drunk. My mind wasn't even numb enough then to dull the pain. I hope it is some 10 year fad where in the year 2020 we can all look back and gasp at the thought of reality TV. Like we did bell bottoms in the 80's.

No comments: