Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Reason # 1 to Vote for McCain

I couldn't get excited with a Muslim in the White House under the current conditions. I'd like a more convincing display of disgust over the status quo in the Muslim world.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) today called on presidential candidate Sen. John McCain to appoint a Muslim campaign advisor and a Muslim White House aide if elected in 2008.

CAIR's request came following McCain's remarks that America is a "Christian" nation and that he would not be comfortable with a Muslim in the White House.

In response to a question from Beliefnet.com about the possibility of a Muslim presidential candidate, the Arizona senator said: "I just have to say in all candor that since this nation was founded primarily on Christian principles, that's a decision the American people would have to make, but personally, I prefer someone who I know who has a solid grounding in my faith."
In response to a quiry about how my basically faithless Protestant friend would handle marrying into a solidly Catholic family, she replied: "Sprinkle some water on my head and baptize me Jewish; I don't care." I always loved the gesture.

No comments: