Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Tibet/Nepal Revisited. Again.

Because no one is grading me on this blog, I can be random and disorganized. Here are some pictures that a friend took in Tibet that I haven't posted. I wrote earlier about the unveiling of the Thanka in Lhasa but I didn't have the pictures at that time. We awoke at 5:00 and started climbing the mountain at 6:00 a.m. because they unveil the Thanka just as the sun rises on the mountain. These are some pictures that my fellow traveler took of that event.









These are some pics from around one of the monasteries in Lhasa. I thought this young girl was so pretty - obviously she was excited to have her picture taken.



More prayer flags in Lhasa. They hang prayer flags from every stationary object in the country.



The random monkeys in Nepal. If you look closely, you can see that they are everywhere along the outside of the picture in addition to the little fella in the middle.

No comments: